In response to the COVID-19 virus Night and Day Dental would like to issue some guidance on our operations to our patients. First, and foremost, our number one concern is for the safety of our patients and team members. As we strive as a community to combat the spread of this virus we will need the combined efforts and vigilance of both patients and team members. We are issuing the following guidance to our patients:
What we need from you our valued patients :
- All patients in the high risk category, such as older adults and patients with an underlying medical condition, should postpone all elective dental care for at least the next two weeks. All cancellation fees will be waived and we will provide you with a priority appointment once the risk has subsided. CDC list of High Risk patients
- All patients who are personally, or have family members, experiencing any symptoms associated with the COVID-19 (Corona Virus) should stay home and contact your physician. No dental care of any kind should be preformed on a patient experiencing symptoms, without proper testing and documented negative COVID-19 test result. Symptoms such as a cough, fever, fatigue should prompt you to stay home and call your physician. A more complete link to Symptoms is here: CDC list of Symptoms
- All patients who have traveled to high risk countries or states please delay any elective treatment for the next 14 days. This includes any patient that has been on a cruise with a documented COVID-19 outbreak.
- If you are not in the high risk population, but are a primary care giver or have frequent contact with someone who is, it is imperative that you delay all elective treatment for the next 14 days.
- If you have elective treatment scheduled during the next two weeks, that is not causing a concern, it should be rescheduled at your discretion.
What our team will be doing in our offices:
- We will remain open as long as conditions allow us to serve our patients. We have always been passionate about treating those with urgent dental problems and those in pain. We will continue to strive to address your urgent dental concern on your first visit with us.
- Provide flexible scheduling and waive cancellation fees for all patients.
- We will have our staff members adhere to the same behavioral guidelines listed above for our patients.
- The clinical instruments used in your care are always sterilized and cleaned to the highest standards recommended. We have increased the cleaning and disinfecting schedule of all shared non clinical areas (waiting rooms, door knobs, restrooms, etc) that you may come in contact with.
- Team members will continue to adhere to the highest standards of hand washing and use personal protective equipment.
- We will, whenever possible, accommodate patients with urgent dental concerns from dental offices that have closed due to this virus. We will, with your permission, discuss your dental concern with your primary dentist and develop a plan that will work to address the concern until their office re-opens.
- Communicate any changes to our schedule/operations as promptly as possible
We sincerely hope that the above has helped provide clarity about our operations at Night and Day Dental. This is an extremely fluid situation and our operation status could change at anytime in response to the virus status or state/federal mandate. Our primary concern is your health, and the health of the community we all live in. Please feel free to call any of our locations if you have any questions regarding your care.
Dr. Patrick OBrien
Dr. Chauncey West